Friday, October 17, 2014

Lady Bug Larva

I was at a local park taking photographs when I came across an unusual orange and black insect larva on some concrete.  I had seen a few of these before but never photographed them and never really took the time to identify them.  I had my Canon MP-E 65mm 1x-5x lens with me so I put it on and snapped a few photographs and a few videos.

Once I got back home I searched and identified these are Lady Bug larva.  I was quite surprised since nothing about the larva indicated to me that it was a going to turn into a lady bug.

Ladybug Larva
Ladybug Larva

Ladybug Larva
Ladybug Larva

A year or so later I observed the same larvas shedding.  A tree in the yard had several of these Ladybug larva on it.  The video below shows a Ladybug larva shedding.





No comments:

Post a Comment