Friday, July 25, 2014

Prairie Kingsnake photographs

I caught this Prairie Kingsnake in Troy Texas in April.  Prairie Kingsnakes are generally very docile snakes.  This snake did not bite and was not aggressive.  These reptiles are found in most of the southern states.  Prairie Kingsnakes eat mice and rats and will eat other snakes if they find them.  This is how they get the name Kingsnake.  Like all Kingsnakes they will eat other snakes even venomous ones.  They have an immunity to the venom which makes Rattlesnakes and others vulnerable.




These photographs of a Prairie Kingsnake were taken on a Canon Rebel T3I.

If you like my work please support me by joining my TSU family.  It's free and you can earn money.  Go to http://www.tsu.co/loki1982 and join using my code loki1982


No comments:

Post a Comment